One of the Top US Consulting Firms
Private Cloud BYOD Solution
The Client wanted to allow employees and contractors to utilize the most appropriate personal or corporate endpoints (PC, Mac, Smart Phones, Tablets, etc.) to access approved software and content stored securely in a private cloud.
Develop a flexible computing model enabled by the use of virtualization technology to achieve device independence.
To meet the stated objectives, we successfully implemented a 5-month proof of concept focused on the following deliverables:
- Use Cases – Worked with Client to develop use cases that meet the corporate vision.
- Technology – Assisted Client with the following technology implementation:
- Used security guidelines provided by client to determine endpoints that meet corporate vision (devices using Windows, Linux, Apple, Apple IOS, Android OS, etc.)
- Analyzed available virtualization technologies and selected those that support approved endpoints (Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, and Citrix XenDesktop)
- Used approved virtualization technologies to create private clouds in two data centers (US and India), for end users in US, Europe, Japan, and India
- Support – Provided infrastructure support during the PoC
- Documentation, Analysis, and Report – Documented the environment. Analyzed findings. Assisted with budget for production implementation.
- Training and Knowledge Transfer – Provided training and knowledge transfer to internal staff in order to maintain the PoC infrastructure as production is planned.
With the implementation of the Private Cloud BYOD Solution, our client was able to vastly improve information security and reap amazing cost savings in PC and laptop costs. Client achieved this by providing a one-time allowance that employees can use to purchase a laptop of their choosing. By so doing, client never had to worry about regular laptop and PC refresh / upgrade costs. Client dramatically improved data security by requiring all employees to use virtual desktops in their secure private cloud for information and data processing. Client was able to stop information leak and guarantee the best data security for itself and their worldwide clients.
Technologies used : XenApp 6.0 and 6.5, XenDesktop 5.0 and 5.5, Hyper-V, VMWare VSphere 4, Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit) with Active Directory Services, Provisioning Services 5.6, Windows Group Policy Objects, Web Interface 5.4, Citrix EdgeSight, and Citrix Profile Management Services (UPM) 3.2.